Moving day was rather eventful yesterday. My folks ran into a problem which almost caused the deal on our old house to fall through (which would have been a very bad thing), but it all got worked out and we're now moved in. And so now the fun begins. There are a lot of repairs that need to be done to the house:
- The hot water heater is broken (I took a cold shower this morning).
- Both air conditioners are broken, so it's rather hot on the second floor.
- All of the smoke alarms around the house are 'peeping' (the backup batteries in them are dead).
- Our cable hookup has been pushed out until Saturday.
- There are apparently some mice in the house (our cat should have some fun with this).
- Some wood around the dormer windows is rotting.
- The previous owners left a broken refrigerator and freezer for us to cart off to the dump (gee, thanks).
I fixed the smoke alarm problem last night (at least the ones upstairs), so that's one job done. And several of the more important jobs are being taken care of today. It will take some real engineering to get a CAT-5 cable up to my room on the second floor, so that I can hook up my computer to our network. And we'll need to run the incoming coax cable over to our library, where we plan to put our NAT box and cable modem.
Anyways, things are starting to get back to normal. I plan to hook up my computer and begin unpacking my stuff tonight. One of these days, I might even get some pictures up somewhere. Googlebar Lite 3.0 development work should begin again soon - it will be out no later than the weekend of October 8-9.